Hello

this is my blog about all the things i have tried, researched and or tripped over as i'm fumbling through life

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cooking: at the dirty apron

Ok, so I've waited to blog about this place because I had only been once, and didn't want to base my love for something on a one time experience.  This weekend I had the privilege of going for a 2nd time to the dirty apron cooking school in downtown vancouver.   The first time I went I did an Italian class where we learnt how to make pasta!  Why bother?  Cause it really is delicious.  Really.  Not gonna sugar coat it though, its a heck of a lot of work but I've done it twice since my class in April (which is a lot for a casual cook like me).  My 2nd trip was for a brunch class.  We made some super yum eggs benedict (fancy style sitting on a potato rosti) and french toast (also fancy with sauce).

Anyhow, back to the dirty apron.  The cooking school itself is top notch.  Fancy Wolf stoves and you get your own working area.  The ingredients are all measured out and prepped for you so you don't spend time doing much other than cracking eggs and chopping this and that.  You learn techniques that I would have otherwise not known existed.  The price isn't cheap, but christmas is coming and its a great opportunity for a girls night event as well.



http://www.dirtyapron.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment