Hello

this is my blog about all the things i have tried, researched and or tripped over as i'm fumbling through life

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Exercise: Losing the winter weight!

It's January and the gyms are packed.  I don't have time to get out on my own to do the stuff I really love, much less work out.  So last year I did the Wii active program and got some pretty good results!  This year I'm doing the Wii active 2 which I'm liking even better.  Its got the heart rate monitor and a leg strap that make it so you don't have to hold the controller.  These video game work outs are great because its not like you can fake the movement or do it half way - its interactive and if you aren't holding the squat long enough it will totally call you on it.

I'm also running, which is great exercise!  I love the Nike + program, if you have the iphone 4 it has a gps version as well.  It tracks where, how long and how many km's I've ran.  I can challenge my friends to run further, faster and set goals.  Seriously, I would NOT get off the couch if there wasn't a chance that I could fall behind!  I figured out how to get the treadmill option working too so if the weather isn't great I can still track those miles.

So, the 2 things I love today: Wii Active 2 and Nike +

Nike +


Wii Active 2

3 comments:

  1. judging by this writing, you sound pretty. what do you look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. also wonder if you have a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there. Welcome to Bloggerland!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete