Hello

this is my blog about all the things i have tried, researched and or tripped over as i'm fumbling through life

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas List 2011

I have a few things I'm alright at...and gifting is one of them.  I love it, I know some people feel overwhelmed by it, (the giving and receiving) but not me!  I do not shop last minute, in fact the last few years have had all my Christmas shopping done before December 1.  I think about my purchases and do not, I repeat, do not.. wait for a sale.  If I pass a sale though...I take advantage of it!  My list is made, and after repeat gifting the same game to a cousin...I keep my list and don't re-buy the same thing.  Very embarrassing.  Sooooo here is a few of my favourite gifts this year.  Some are from my wish list and some I have ready to be wrapped...some I dream about!  Hope this inspires you to start early!

1.  Kindle...this is not an iPad, its an e-reader and you cannot read your iPad in the sun.  This is a great gift for anyone who likes to read and anyone who likes to travel.  It comes now in a neat Fire which is a cheaper version of the iPad but nonetheless, a neat electronic at a reasonable price: $199


2. Tiffany & Co....there is nothing from a blue box that a woman doesn't appreciate getting.  Make the trip downtown and who knows where it would lead!  I love most of their collection, these are a few favourites..

Return to Tiffany Bead Bracelet $275
http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=26659531&mcat=148204&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+288158-r+501287458-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Elsa Peretti Colour by the Yard Bracelet $215
http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=27906494&mcat=148204&cid=288158&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+288158-r+501287458-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+


3. Apple....love me some apple products.  I am all about the seamless integration this company has given me.  $99

$499 Ipad.  Love em.
4. Ugg...When I first saw Brittany Spears types walking down LA streets with these on I was not on board.  But like capri pants they have stuck around and are actually really warm and pretty comfortable!


Clovis $199
http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-ugg-australia-clovis-espresso-p_id226584

Oversized beanie $65...awesome in cream.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ugg-australia-cardy-oversized-beanie/3189914?origin=category&resultback=750

5. Love skin care...and love getting what I actually use.

Miracle worker gift set $110
Purity face wash $40

Benefit 'I'm glam therefore I am' gift set $36


6.  Canucks...power play packs for $288.  Any fan would love em.
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=73360



7.  Nike+ Sportwatch Tom Tom running watch $199  The only thing this doesn't do is music...but otherwise is pretty sweet.



8.  Swatch.  $70.  There is not an accessory I don't love and I spent a substantial time looking at these this summer.  It ended ugly with my 2 year old spilling some ice on the floor and me running out of the store...but nonetheless...a cool watch.  I like it in plum, rose or sky.

http://www.swatch.com/zz_en/watches/fw2011_newgent.product-SUOR703.html


9.  Aritzia...I hate their bag in the lockbox policy in their change room but otherwise this store is a source of some fun stylish pieces for us vancouverites (or valley girls with cars...bridge and tunnel people...everyone!)

Bromley Military coast $350.  I like the camel colour but all the colours are great.
Wilfred Flaubert Sweater $95...this is a great basic to have in your wardrobe.
10.  Lululemon...love it!  Great quality, these items are worth spending on.

Stride Jacket $128

Layer! T-back racer $42

If January brings a big work out regime...
Triumphant tote $118

Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment